Debbie Downer

So I have been chatting with a good friend of mine, and she refers to me as Debbie Downer. Now I know I'm not always happy, but I do try and be up beat, because really what do I have to be down about?

So I will take this time to self criticize on my path to enlightenment.


This weekend I found myself back in the booze blues a bit. I was a little sick as well, but two nights of drinking kind of caught up to me on Saturday. Now then I had a great time and even enjoyed playing the card game asshole. I love that game!!! I hadn't played it in ages. Damn its fun and quite noisy. And something about me likes to be loud. Sometimes I take it too far and get a little carried away, but that's me. I never seem to know where the line is until I've crossed it. Why is that I wonder?

Now back to the downer part. I think the reference stems from me trying to balance things out. If a person has a conversation with me about how something they have done upsets them, and they are about to do it again, I tend to try and let them know what they felt like before. Far be it from me to tell them what to do or how to act. I'm the wrong person for that. But I do have a great memory and believe part of being a friend is reminding them of the consequences that happened in the past. If they choose to continue, big whoop. If they make a big deal and have drama about it again, I tend to walk away. You have to learn from your mistakes. The definition of insanity is doing the samething over and over again, expecting a different result.

Oh well. Daily rant is over. Next up is a POF beat down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You