Damned if I do, damned if I don't

It’s the night before I move to Fort Saskatchewan for two months, and then start working in Cuba on a rotational basis.  Needless to say, I’m nervous.  Not sure if I am stressed or if it’s just nervousness. 

I haven’t worked in a true corporate environment for a few years.  That is one part.  The other is I still haven’t found a long term solution for my cat.  Those of you, who know me, know I love my cat.  I didn’t go and get him on a whim and he is a big part of my life.  I have somebody lined up to look after him and my place for the month of July but that person may be moving out of the country as well. 

When I first started looking at the idea of taking this job this person hadn’t really started thinking about this.  So I will find out in the next few weeks if she is going and if she is, I’m literally kind of screwed.  I have no idea what I will do.  That I think is the biggest worry for me.  I love my cat.  What do I do with him if she goes?  I have a few people who will stop in and play with him and stuff but that’s not fair to him.  It’s also not fair to them to have to come in and take care of him.  Everybody has their own busy life to lead as well. 

The thing is I’m offering a pretty sweet deal.  The new job pays well and all I really need is somebody to live here and take care of him.  If push came to shove I don’t even care if they pay me.  My housekeeper will continue to come at my expense, and I will take care of all utilities and rent.  The only thing they need to do is take care of the cat.  I also need to trust the person as they will be living in my house.  Selfishly I hope that the person doesn’t move away, but I think it will be good for them to as well.  Kind of damned if I do and damned if I don’t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You