He's baaaackkk!!!!

So I made it.  I survived the trip.  I had an internal goal thinking that we could drink 40 bottles of wine over the course of the trip.  We managed to drink 31, plus a ton of beer, and a bunch of pisco sours.  I also managed to catch a cold upon landing in Santiago, Chile but I didn't let that slow me down and all in all I'm proud of the 31 bottles that we drank.  I have pictures of 29/31 of the bottles that we drank (we drank two of them in somebodies house over lunch, and I thought it rude to take pictures at the dining table), and all of the caps or corks as the case might be.  I am notorious for not taking pictures.  I really tried this trip and I ended up taking roughly 300.  I will post a few, but really I'm not a fan of taking pictures.

So favorite part of the trip?  When in Mendoza we did a day tour into the Andes that was amazing.  It was a long day but we got to see the tallest mountain in the southern hemisphere as well as climbed this little dirt track up to a monument built on the Chile/Argentine border which was at 4000m.  I think that's the highest I've ever been.

Surprise of the trip?  I had two.  I really enjoyed my time in Santiago walking around and doing a few tours.  The second was getting invited to a bbq at our taxi driver's house.  I felt honoured to be invited into their home and enjoy some local cuisine and beverages.  They actually managed to make Fernet taste good and I swear that this wasn't possible.  If you haven't tried Fernet, it's sort of like Jagermeister but much worse.  Much much worse.

Other miscellaneous highlights include: attending a premiere division soccer game in Mendoza, attending a folk festival in Mendoza.  Oh and I got my picture taken with one of the wine maidens.  So yeah that is the fast and loose summary of the trip.  I will see what I can do about getting some pics up.  Please be patient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You