#1 Reason why Policies Can be a Bad Thing

A little bit of background first.  Travelling to Cuba requires that we bring a ton of stuff.  Clothes, food, and other necessities.  So we are always flying with the maximum amount of weight allowed, and paying all the extra baggage and weight fees.  On my next trip in I need to bring a 3rd bag.  That will be my bike.  The cost of that alone is $275 ($225 for the extra bag, and a $50 bike fee).  The other two bags will both be over the weight limit and will cost $200 ($100 per bag).  So all in I'm due to pay $475, of which $425 would be covered if I upgraded from economy to business class as they are allowed to bring 3 bags each weighing a maximum of 70lbs.

So I had our travel agent cost out the difference between economy and business to see if it would be cheaper to upgrade.  Low and behold the cost difference to upgrade was only $183.  Perfect I thought.  All I need to do was get approval and away we go, the Company would save $242.  Unfortunatley the Company has a policy that you can't fly business class, even if its cheaper than economy.  Go figure eh?  I guess we aren't in the business of making money after all.  This just goes to show where policies need to be looked at, in order to do what's the right thing for the Company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You