Rio de Oro

What a week.  Yes our bar is still closed, although there are rumours that it will re-open this week.  The 2nd week was a lot better than the first.  Things are starting to come along.  Small improvements are being made and things are starting to settle down.

I went out and bought some buckets so that I can fill them up clean myself.  Water pressure has hit an all time low.  We aren't sure what is going on, but its at the top of our to fix list, which means the bottom of the Company's.

Based upon my desire to get out of Moa for a bit, I arranged an overnight trip for a few of us to head to Guadalavaca, and more specifically the resort Rio de Oro.  It's a 3 hr drive each way over some nasty roads but it was worth it.  

We did run out of beer on the way there, but that was probably a good thing.  We were greeted with a bottle of champage at reception and quickly proceeded to polish that off.  Next we were off to the pool.  It was supposed to close about 30mins after we got there, but we greased the bartender and proceeded to pound the booze.  We were all double fisting and drinking like there was no tomorrow.  They don't pour the water downed drinks like they do in Mexico.  They are free pouring drinks that are an easy double or triple.  But when have been drinking for 3 hours already, they go down like butter.

So we decide that its time for dinner (probably a little too late but what the hell).  I think it was at this point that I decided to use the tub to shave my nuts.  As a reminder, I am hammered.  I've been drinking for 7 hours by this point, and all of our memories are blurry.  We find our way to the restaurant, and I try and find us a table away from the rest of the patrons.  The food was endless and was awesome.  I have never been so happy to see broccoli in all my life.  I filled up my plate with that and some steaks.  Oh and I also loaded up on some bread and butter.  We haven't had butter in town for over a week.

Its at this point that we lose our first soldier.  He had fought valiantly, but alas it was no use.  It may have been 9pm by this point but Boris was off to bed.  He almost passed out at dinner. So Lady Marmalade and myself decided it was time to try the banana flambe.  Much to the staff's credit they didn't let us try it, but they did make one for us.  I'm pretty sure this is where my body went into insulin shock.  I loaded that mofo up with so much ice cream and syrup the poor banana was swimming in goo.

Upon our return to the table, poor Kevin is looking much worse for the wear.   He rallies and we continue on,  and hit the show.  Little update here.  None of us has had a drop to drink since the pool and we are all gooned.  We sit down but it becomes apparent to me that I need to exit stage door left.  Now I realize the resort is rather large, but it took me over an hour to find my room.  I was stumbling all over the damn place.  Finally make it back, but I can't get the damn AC to work so I just pass out on top of the bed. Ended up waking up and saying hello to my old friend Ralph, and I'm sure that if I hadn't seen him then, I'd have lost yesterday as well.

Sunday we woke up and I just relaxed.  I enjoyed the peacefulness of the place and just soaked up some sun.  All in all it was a great weekend, the resort was nice and I had a good time.  I have attached some pics, so take a look and enjoy.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You