Did anybody see the elephants wearing pink shoes in a field of peonies???

After the muerta vaca the rest of the trip was pretty relaxed and low key.  So if you are looking for entertaining stories then you should probably look elsewhere.  Also sorry for the delay in getting this posted but I ran into a few issues.  I was tired, internet problems and then had a case of writers block.  So anyhow without further delay here we go.

We did a quick day trip to Moa so that everybody could see the town, my room and a trip around the plant.  Nobody was feeling their best this day as something had gotten ahold of our stomachs.  I blame the numerous hours in the sunshine, consuming an assortment of alcoholic beverages, and lack of water.  While it was a relaxing day for the passengers I was exhausted from driving and navigating the various obstacles. 

The following day we again got up early (much to the chagrin of some participants) to go on a catamaran, snorkeling, dolphin excursion.  Our sun screen captain ensured that we were all properly lubricated and or covered and we then proceeded to ensure that we were properly hydrated for the festivities to come.  This day brought about some amazing vistas, perfect pictures, laughs, and some profound declarations.  You had to be there to experience it.  The pictures while amazing don't give it justice.  Perhaps they will be seen again in the future in a different light.

The last few days were about soaking up the sun, relaxing and exploring the resort.  We had booked some spa time on Friday and I wish we had done that earlier in the trip. It turned my entire body and mind into a big ball of mush.  It took me several hours to wake up from the relaxation that was the spa.  We will repeat that many times over.  It was the first time I have ever been in a spa.  It was a little strange walking around in just a robe.  I would have gone without anything underneath (as per their suggestion) however they don't seem to make them in man sized.  I can't wait to try this again in a few weeks on the island.

The departure was a bit sad.  I felt bad leaving my guests but I have to travel during the daylight hours and didn’t want to risk leaving to late in case something happened.  I left the resort shortly before 3 and their bus was set to depart around 6.  I wish I could have seen them off properly but alas I had to be at work first thing Monday morning. 

I’m almost glad that I wasn’t traveling back with them.  They encountered numerous problems in Toronto with their flight to Kelowna.  The plane had to revert back to the airport as they smelled smoke, fire trucks, and several more delays and after about a 3 hour delay they finally got going again.  By the time they got home I don’t think they had slept in almost a day and a half.

So what did we learn from this trip?  Well it was the first time that I traveled with my buddy’s wife.  As expected we all got along well and had a great time.  We learned that while coconuts filled with rum might sound like a good idea they really aren’t.  We learned that the gf and I can spend an entire week together without any problems and in fact had an amazing time.  So all in all I’m really hoping to do this trip again next year.  Too good not to be repeated.


Teamo Tequiero


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You