Leaps and Bounds

I feel that my life has been best rewarded when I make leaps.  When I don’t play it safe but instead take an uncomfortable jump.  These decisions are normally accompanied by severe bouts of nervousness. This has rewarded me both professionally and in my relationships. 

Professionally after years of working for the same firm I made the decision to jump to leave public accounting and to go work in industry.  While the company I went to initially didn’t last long I was able to continue jumping from one venture to the next continuing to learn and develop my skills.  After several years of that I took the leap to move to Cuba.  Wow what a shock to the system that was.  I can’t believe it has now been three years that I have been here. 

My current relationship (Spouis Blomley aka Teamo Tequiero) has been fraught with leaps.  First there was the leap to even meet up and hangout in the first place given our histories.  Then there was the leap to take it a step further.  Then there was the decision that yes that we were dating and we didn't want to see anybody else.  Next up was the decision to come to Cuba for a vacation.  That trip resulted in probably the biggest leap of all.  It was a jump from an enormous cliff that was surrounded by trust, respect and unbelievable happiness. 

There are certain words and phrases in life that I don’t say very often.  One is I’m wrong (damn how I hate you Google!!!).  The second is “I love you”.  Up until this point in my life I had said those last words to only two different people.  Both of those people were safe decisions.  I wasn't making a leap.  I was taking the easy path and in the end I paid the price for it.  Obviously using these words concerned me.  Saying it hasn't worked out for me and therefore I’m hesitant to say them again.  At no time since have I felt that saying them was appropriate.  There was nobody that had been in my life that I felt that way about.  I have heard these words from others but at no point was it something I felt. 

This time around things are different.  While I don’t throw them around like confetti, saying them this time doesn't scare me.  This time it frees me.  Was I scared?  Cautious is probably the better word.  Like everybody else out there I don’t want to be hurt.  I feel that by saying them this then opens me up to being hurt.


So yeah it’s out there, I took a big jump of an amazing cliff and I’m happy.  Yes there are still thing to be worked out and discussed but as long as we continue to communicate and continue to trust and respect one another I think we can manage our way through.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You