Look over there, it's a hurricane!!!

Ok, so I'm getting ready for my first experience with a tropical storm or hurricane.  We still aren't sure how strong it will be when it gets here.  It is heading north between Haiti and Cuba.  Seeing as how we live on the eastern end of the island, we are preparing for a bunch of rain.  I loaded my room up with 60 liters of bottled water that should last me for several weeks.  I'm only supposed to be here for another week or so, so that should be plenty. I have a bunch of granola bars on hand as well.  So yeah we aren't expecting much in the way of winds, but we are expecting a large amount of rain.

Over lunch today I was told that if it rains hard enough, for long enough, we can't cross the bridge to get to the plant, and therefore don't have to work.  I'm kind of hoping that happens so that we can play cards and drink beer all day tomorrow.

So fingers crossed.  Oh we use this website to monitor storms.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/144614.shtml?radii#contents

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You