Rum Running

Ok so I have been trying to take as much rum as possible back to Canada on my return trips.  The thing is I don't want to keep wrapping the bottles in my clothes and stuff because that means I have to bring the clothes back down here with me and as space and weight are at a premium I'd rather not.

So what to do?  Well I asked the other expats and they weren't much use.  So I started thinking.  I was looking around for things I could pack it with and then either recycle or discard once I was in Canada.  Well I swear it came to me in a dream.  We have to drink bottled water while we are here or else we get sick.  So we have a ton of empty plastic water bottles around.  So my idea was centered around wrapping the empty water bottles around the rum bottles and taping it together with duct tape.  So that was 3 or 4 weeks ago that I thought of it, and yesterday I gave it the dry run.  Turns out you need 12 empty water bottles to secure a bottle of rum.  It looks pretty secure and I think it will work.  I will find out soon enough as I'm home this weekend.  Problem is I need to line up a ton of empties before hand.  I have been saving them but I may not have enough.  We will  see.  The picture below is my first try.  Let me know what you think or if you have any better ideas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You