Deja vu all over again

So back in November one of the guys who works a 4/4 schedule switched to 6/2.  They weren't able to find somebody to work his cross shift and they'd only let him sign a 6/2 so he did the math on the pay increase and signed on.

Anytime you spoke with this guy about chica's it was always the same line.  Why would he want meatloaf when he has sirloin at home.  Ok this makes sense.  He loves his wife and family and doesn't want to jeopardize that. I understand and applaud him for this decision.

Well flash forward to this weekend and things have apparently changed.  He now has a chica and is doing his best to keep it hidden.  Problem is this is a small town full of gossip.  Nobody, including the expats have anything better to do than to gossip about what's going on.  He has already made a few slip-ups already.

How does this impact me?  Well a bunch of us were supposed to go to the beach yesterday.  So we were chit chatting in the morning about the logistics and it came up that we'd need 3 trucks.  I'm not the brightest bulb in the room but I quickly determined that it was because this guy was bringing his new squeeze.  Obviously this would have been awkward for everybody as this guy doesn't want me knowing about it, even though you'd have to be the captain of the short bus not to know.  Anyhow this wasn't how I wanted to spend my day so I told them I'd catch up with them later, and then texted them to tell them that I wasn't going to make it.  Apparently he was quite relieved by this fact.

End of the day, whatever somebody chooses to do is up to them.  My choice is whether or not I want to be around it.  I continue to be amazed at how people think that there are no rules here, and that what you do here won't follow you home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You