A Routine Rant

Ruts, routines, systems, whatever you want to call them.  Yeah they seem boring and mundane but they keep things moving in the right direction.  My first day back in Cuba this rotation we lost our coffee machine in the restaurant. Normally not that big of a deal.  Well let me take you back.

For the last several years me and one of the other expats would meet for coffee at about 6:30 in the restaurant before going to work.  We'd have a nice quick espresso, americano or just a plain large coffee. I'd always have a bottle or two of water as well. This was my routine.  It was ingrained. Sometimes when I was hungry I'd have a granola bar as well.    It became part of my day.  It was how everything started.  Well when that disappeared both of us starting having issues.  My morning went to crap.  I was less productive and easily distracted.  I honestly don't think I did a much before 10am without our morning routine.

So I changed that.  We decided to bring our own coffee up to the restaurant and continue the routine.  He makes the coffee and now I'm bring up fruit.  Today was one of the best days I've had since I've been back.  Even though the work part had it's issues I was able to make it through with a smile.  

Life is about the little things.  When they get upset it's surprising to see the repercussions.

PS Bring on Sunday.  I will be taking a leave of absence from the internet.  I need to spend some quality time with my girl (and some friends).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You