Fueling the Fire

Writing on a blog makes you feel like you have an obligation to post.  Not just that but your audience is expecting to be entertained.  I understand that.  You need to be interesting and entertaining or else why should people spend their time reading some mindless drivel that somebody spews out into cyber space.  Exactly I wouldn't.  So while I know I haven't posted in several days I feel an obligation to those that spend their valuable time reading what it is I have to say, to make sure what I write gives them some value.

So update from the week.  It's been very quiet.  Some would say too quiet.  Our Canadian boss in Cuba has been in Canada this week and there seems to have been lots of Cuban secret meetings.  Of course we as Canadians are always the last to know what's going on.  The Cuban side shares information willingly to one another but the Canadian side is always tight lipped.  There have been rumours circulating for over a year that our Canadian boss in Cuba is leaving.  We have been told nothing and I have asked my Canadian boss in Canada and he has confirmed as much.

This week there was some additional information provided by one of my staff that there was a list of replacements that was being circulated for our partners review.  This adds some credibility to the rumours we have heard (referred to here as the bamboo telegraph) over the past year.  As my role here entails me working quite closely with our boss I plan on asking him straight out on Monday what's going on.  This is as much about my role as him.  I choose to work here  Nobody wants to replace me.  That being said we are all replaceable but they'd rather keep me than bring in a fresh body.  That should entitle me to some information.  I signed onto my new contract under the understanding that the team stays intact.  If that changes then I will re-evaluate my decision.  In all honesty I'm expecting this to be a non-event as the Cuban people love to gossip and for life to continue as normal.

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You