Preparations

So as previously mentioned my gf and my friends are coming to Cuba on Sunday.  I'm uncontrollably excited.  Another friend of mine keeps saying that "Santa Claus has no chance competing with this" and she is right.  To me this is better than Christmas.  As most of you are aware I'm not a huge fan of Christmas to begin with, but even if I was this would win hands down.  Sunday night can't come soon enough.

I want this to be a great trip for all in involved.  I feel like Cuba is kind of my country now too. So while I know Cuba has it's issues and we don't always have stuff, I'd like to make my friends trip as enjoyable as possible.  I don't want them to want for anything.  While we are staying at a Cuban 5 star resort compared to other countries 5 star resorts this isn't even close.

Technology is a big limiting factor of being on the island.  While you can use your Canadian cell phones to surf the internet (at much slower speeds) and you can call home it is very expensive to do so.  I think this is going to cause some inconvenience to some of my guests.  However that being said I'm looking forward to having an entire week with them where phone calls and text messages aren't a hindrance.  For anybody that feels bogged down by technology and always being connected I suggest coming to Cuba for a holiday.

That being said I have probably over planned some stuff and have way too much stuff on hand for this trip.  I started packing last night and quickly realized that my packing list was far too long.  If I brought everything as planned I probably would have had 3 bags plus a large cooler of stuff. That's a bit much for a 1 week trip even by my standards.  So the list has been paired down a bit and is now more manageable.  I will still bring most of the stuff but have decided to cut out the bulky items as much as possible.  Plus worst comes to worst we will be coming to Moa at some point during the week and we can always restock on whatever anybody needs.

How does that song go?  Christmas Don't be Late?  That's pretty much how I feel.  5 more sleeps!!!

For those who forget

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You