Cuba Life

Best line I've heard all week, "Things in Cuba are heavy, you need to leave them at the airport on your way out."  This is the statement that pretty much sums up how the ex-pats look at have girlfriends down here, and wives back home.  So basically I was told this so that in case I ever run into them in Canada with their wives, I don't find it awkward.

Also down here young doesn't mean a thing.  These older guys are late 40's to late 60's and they are all dating women who are younger than 25.  Some of them have been dating these women since the girls were 20.  I don't know about you, but I find that troubling.  I guess the legal age down here is 16 and the way they look at it, that's ok.  The funny thing is that there are two of us here that are much younger.  Me at 32 and another guy at 30.  We both find this troubling.  The 30yr old has been here for 2 years in January and hasn't had a girlfriend since he has been here.  He does go on dates but he just finds it troubling about the age and the willingness of the females to put out and so aggressively.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me (minus the age thing) but there is a whole word of trouble we can get into from this.  I still haven't found out the exact details but as I do I will post it here.

Anyhow the first week has been interesting.  I won the weekly poker game, and literally down here I feel rich.  All I won was $70 but that's more than people make in a month here.  A good salary is $50.  My predecessor didn't do squat.  It has taken me all week to attempt to clean his office.  I still have one file drawer and the 6 desks drawers to go through.  I hope to have that done tomorrow and have my office set-up finally.  I have lots of work to get done as well, and it should be a challenge to get things cleaned up and working properly.

As you can see we went to the beach today.  I forgot to put sunscreen on my face, and I'm currently paying the price for that.  Thank god somebody had aloe cause I need it.

Until next time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You