Made it to Cuba

I finally got internet set-up in my room.  It's hard being without communication to the outside world.  I've been to Cuba before for vacation (Varadero) but this is a whole new ball game.  So I left my motel in Fort Sask at 5:30am on Saturday morning.  Drove to the airport which takes about 45mins.  While I'm sitting in the Chili's having breakfast, up walks a bunch of guys in suits.  Next thing I know the restaurant is full of the BC Lions catching the early morning flight back to Vancouver.  They seem like nice enough guys so I started talking to a few of them.  I even met Casey Printers (QB but a DB).  So I finish up say my farewells and make my way to my gate area.

Now then its festival season in Edmonton.  This means that there is crap going on every day for 6 weeks.  Capex, Indy, Heritage Days etc, and concerts every night.  So I'm sitting there waiting for my flight and who happens to walk bye, Kardinall Offishall.  For those who don't know me, I love my Canadian Hip Hop/Rap.  So it was really cool to meet him.  I left him alone as he didn't look like he wanted to be bothered.  All in all though a great start to a long day of travel.

Next up, fly to TO.  Nothing special but I did finally get to watch the new Shrek movie.  It was ok.  I did find it funny to see Puss in Boots fricking fat.  Reminded me of a friends cat (She will kill me for that).

Skip to the eventful part.  On the leg from TO to Holguin, Cuba I'm sitting next to a very nice elderly jewish couple.  They are quite meek and mild and nice seat mates.  On front of us is a husband and wife and their two kids.  Both young and one of them is sitting on their lap.  Now the Dad is a dick.  One of those guys who as soon as he can leans his seat back and stretches his arm around the chair in front of the elderly lady.  Anyhow he is a total DB.  Half way through the flight, just as we are starting to fill out the 4 forms to get into Cuba, the youngest kid starts screaming.  Do either of the parents do anything???  No.  This wasn't the first time the kid had gone ballistic and both times neither of the parents did jack.  I have my Bose noise cancelling headphones on and I can still hear it.  Well the meak and mild mannered, elderly jewish man has had enough.  He snaps and loses it on the Dad.  A flight attendant steps in and tells the father to take the kid to the back to calm her down (she knows that the Dad is a DB too).  Anyhow it was quite interesting to see this all go down, mere inches from my seat.

Ok that's enough for tonight, tomorrow the rest of the story.  Editor get editing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You