Eagle has landed

So here I am back in beautiful Moa, Cuba.  No major mishaps really.  I ran into a contractor who is doing work for the company and she tagged along with my driver and I this morning to make the trip from Holguin to Moa.  It was nice.  She speaks Spanish so she could talk to the driver and I could zone out.  It was nice.  Stopped and picked up some fruit along the way which should make for a more enjoyable week as well.

So the only real eventful part of my journey was that there was a surprise guest sitting in first class.  I didn't see the individual in the airport as we waited to board, but I'm sure he saw me.  As I passed through the cabin to board, low and behold it what do I see, the guy I'm replacing.  He didn't look at me, but boy was I shocked.  He knew I was flying back in on that flight, and I guess he must have been headed to Holguin to see his friends and stuff and take a bit of a vacation.  We didn't talk or make eye contact even though I'm sure he saw me as well.  The plane and the terminal just aren't that big.

So anyhow now I'm here, just settling in and getting comfy.  Internet works in this room, and I have direct TV.  Much better than the old room.  On the minus side the last guy definetly smoked in his room.  And basically the whole place is windows which are covered with drapes so I will ask them to either wash them or replace them.

Anyhow time for a nap and then some Spanish lessons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Day

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You